Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Year means so many possibilites

Happy New year to you all :) I hope your Christmas and New years was full of fun, smiles and i hope u were all safe! We had such a great year in 2011 at Little Paper Lane and we are looking forward to a great year in 2012. A few things to keep an eye out for is our new estore...its still a little bit more to get done, but we are in motion and it wont be long before everyone everywhere can have a little bit of LPL anytime at all! Custom Invitations are a huge part of our business and this too is expanding! Make sure u get in contact if u need any invites, logo's, business cards or any graphic design work. Remember we also have a caligrapher on staff and our lovely shop helper Kat also has her own design business and is an amazing illustrator. Check out her work here Studio Kandy. Stationery from Studio Kandy is also available at Little Paper Lane. Some personal goals i have is to have this baby. Some of you may be regular customers at LPL and know that i have not been in the shop pretty much since i got pregnant. A few of you now know why i havent been able to work in the shop but for those that are curious....Basically i suck at being pregnant!! Its true! I was so sick from about 6 weeks that i pretty much lived in my bed and on my couch sipping ginger tea and wearing seasickness bands that honestly i dont think do anything...but i NEVER took them off. Around 9 weeks i started to get a very familiar and not so fun pain in my pelvis! I had the same pain with my last pregnancy and was induced at 39 weeks due to the pain i was in. Last time it wasn't until i was about 32weeks that we actually found out what this pain was. Its called SPD(Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction) and it can happen to a lot of pregnant woman, but usually its the last few weeks of pregnancy and usually its more uncomfortable than anything. I am of coarse one of these woman that has the more severe cases. This pregnancy has been very painful. Its a lot worse than last time and started a lot earlier. Basically what happens is The two halves of your pelvis are connected at the front by a stiff joint called the symphysis pubis. This joint is strengthened by a dense network of tough, flexible tissues, called ligaments. To help your baby pass through your pelvis as easily as possible, your body produces a hormone called relaxin, which softens the ligaments. As a result, these joints move more during and just after pregnancy, causing inflammation and pain, known as symphysis pubis dysfunction or SPD. I also have a twisted pelvis and Scoliosis as well as having a knee reconstruction when i was 15 i am a little bit bone wonky and after a good chat with my new and awesome Osteopath she has told me the severity of my SPD is because of how twisted my pelvis is. She did high five me for being able to give birth the old fashioned way last time cos of how twisted the pelvis is and the added pain of the SPD...this time may be a different story though. Will worry about the end result a little closer to the end though...as long as bubby gets here safe and sound i am more than happy no matter which way i have to give birth! So if u have been wondering why i am never at LPL its cos this little button in my belly wants me to sit on the couch and not move too much...Even though she is very happy to move and kick and wiggle all day and more than anything at night! I am very lucky to have the support that i do. My Husband is amazing and i am very very lucky that he knows how to wash, clean and pick up chicken burgers for me and my Mum is the best ever! They both work really hard to keep LPL running the way that i like it to and they have done an amazing job with the shop. And my little Iggy is even a HUGE help... he holds my hand when i need to walk down the hallway to the toilet and he even puts the washing in the basket from the washing machine and takes it to the line! He is going to be the best big brother and he makes me smile every second of the day! So hopefully another new years resolution i can keep is to blog more! i really enjoy it, but i end up getting so busy with the shop that i dont end up having time! But now i am at home a lot more i plan to be on puta a lot more...As well as use my new camera
I love cameras and this is my newest addition and it takes the very cutest photo's...mini polaroids.
I also want to make at least 1 project from my new cross stich book that we sell in store...Twisted Stiches by Phil Davison i think the front cover design is what i will end up doing? i think it would look awesome as a cushion! I am very excited at the possibilities of what this year will bring! As always, I'm trying to be as positive as i can and hope the universe brings positive adventures for us and for all of you! Happy New Year.....oh and i almost forgot.....LOTS of new Papery goodness is headed to the shop as we speak! Keep and eye on Our Facebook Page and follow us on Twitter to keep up to date with everything! Take care

4 comments:

  1. can I ask who your osteo is? I have SPD at the moment ( much earlier than my last pregnancy... boo!) and it is killing me. I live on the beaches too so a name would be really helpful. Thanks & I am sure glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i just realised i should have hit reply instead of a new post!! sorry!!

      Delete
    2. here is my reply to your message...i just relised it will come to your email so the whole message is below for you!! good luck

      'Hi sorry i didnt see this little comment so sorry!!
      Ohhh HOW MUCH DOES SPD SUCK!!!

      my osteo is lovely her name is Libby and she is at Rocklily health which is behind Maccas at warriwood...its 1 vuko place!

      Good luck i cant believe how much worse it is the second time around!! i thought it was pretty crappy the first time but man it is worse!! I have found some pants that i still have to buy that are like pregnancy support pants they look gross but my osteo has told me they make a big difference!! email me if u need any other info all i do is sit on my couch and lay in my bed lately cos its too painful to walk so i am on my computer lots :) jayde@littlepaperlane.com.au
      feel better x'

      Delete
  2. Hi sorry i didnt see this little comment so sorry!!
    Ohhh HOW MUCH DOES SPD SUCK!!!

    my osteo is lovely her name is Libby and she is at Rocklily health which is behind Maccas at warriwood...its 1 vuko place!

    Good luck i cant believe how much worse it is the second time around!! i thought it was pretty crappy the first time but man it is worse!! I have found some pants that i still have to buy that are like pregnancy support pants they look gross but my osteo has told me they make a big difference!! email me if u need any other info all i do is sit on my couch and lay in my bed lately cos its too painful to walk so i am on my computer lots :) jayde@littlepaperlane.com.au
    feel better x

    ReplyDelete